Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cherry Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream

This is for my last hurrah of summer-ness. I think I will put the ice cream maker away in the higher cabinet now. I made a last batch of some cherry-vanilla goodness which turned out quite yummy. Yes, I know it is not winter yet by any means, but the cool weather that Michigan has been having has been making me feel like it is late November. But yet, I still wanted to have that last batch of ice cream. The coconut milk frozen is so creamy that you would never know you were eating a dairy-free treat. So why not add some of the frozen cherries from this summer's bounty and why not a little chocolate too...

Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
1 full fat can of coconut milk
3 frozen chopped bananas
1 cup of frozen pre-pitted dark sweet cherries
1 TB of pure vanilla
1 TB of agave nectar

Put all of the above ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend till thick and creamy.

Then add 1 cup or so of dark chocolate chips (allergen-free friendly) or dark chocolate bar shavings and some more diced frozen cherries, about 1/2 cup to 1 cup depending on what you desire.

Mix it all up and then pour into your ice cream maker to process for 20 minutes or so.

If you don't have a ice cream maker and you want to make this treat that is fine. Put it in a glass or steel bowl and put in the freezer for an hour or so and then when you pull it out you will have a more solid bowl of ice cream that you can spoon out with a traditional ice cream scooper. Add some fresh chocolate shavings on top and enjoy!


Here is a picture of my ice cream maker doing it's job. I did lick the spoon and the had to taste try a few times before serving of course. If you love cherries, and if you love chocolate, you are going to LOVE this treat.

I hope you find ways to savor the last bits of summer and enjoy what the coming fall months will bring... apples, pumpkins and more... OH my! I can't wait!

Have a beautiful day! Much love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment