Sunday, March 26, 2017

Goodmorning, Blueberry Muffins

It's a good morning when you can have your day start with a cup of hot lemon water and a little muffins of blueberry goodness. These little muffins start your day off with protein, vitamins and minerals, fiber and blueberry wonderfulness. So, it IS a good morning!

I have been struggling with my little 3 year old to get her to eat in the morning and then she doesn't and then she will want to just snack the rest of the day on crunchy and sweet treats. Well, this not only discourages me but also it is exhausting to have to keep being asked for little snacks after trying so hard to just eat the main meals you are preparing.... can I get an AMEN ?!? I know I am not alone. This is the struggle of almost every momma I know- how can we keep trying to give our kids the choices and nutrients they need as they grow their amazing bodies?!?
So these little muffins are my manifesto for my little one. I was so happy when she ate two of them for breakfast. Success! I may have done a little victory dance in the pantry and tried hard to not show my excitement- because we all know that if we do that- it might be the end of the victory after all. Kids like to do their own thing so it's got be their idea to love them, amiright?! :)
Goodmorning, Blueberry Muffins Recipe 
{gluten, egg, seed, nut, soy, dairy and corn-free, VEGAN}

1/2 cup of finely ground GF oat flour
(I make my flour by grinding 1/2 cup of GF oats in high powered blender)
3/4 cup of quick cooking certified GF oats
(I used Bob Red Mill's brand for oats)
1/2 cup of quinoa flour
1/4 cup of white rice flour
1/4 cup of tapioca flour
1 TB of potato starch
1/3 cup of coconut palm sugar
1 1/2 ts. of baking powder
(I like Hain brand for it to be corn-free)
1 ts. baking soda
1 ts. of sea salt

1 cup of mashed ripened banana

1/2 cup of non-dairy milk or coconut milk beverage
(I use So Delicious brand)
mixed with 1 TB of apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1 TB of pure vanilla

fold in 1 heaping cup of frozen blueberries (can you fresh if you got them!)

First, mix all of the dry ingredients in one large bowl, then in a measuring cup or glass mix the coconut milk beverage with the apple cider vinegar and let it curdle for a few minutes. Then add that and all the rest of the wet ingredients to the mixing bowl mix well and the mix may even get stiff as the coconut oil cools down. It may also look more like a thick batter with the mix of warm and cool to the batter. Fold in the frozen berries and not too much so avoid blue berry bleeding. Use an oiled 1/4-1/3 measuring cup to spoon the batter into the muffin tins in the pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 22-25 minutes until stiff and no more gooey center.  Pull from the oven, let them cool and eat warm.
Hm hmm delicious! These muffins also remind me that summer blueberry picking is coming and all those frozen berries are better now than ever. I hope these muffins will bring you some joy and nutrients to your breakfast routine. And maybe a little hope too that each day is a gift. 
Happy baking and much love as always xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment